In most cases entering a care facility is not a choice. A trigger event will often lead to an elderly parent or loved one needing full time care.
Our role is to help you through the transition process to residential care, by helping you to evaluate the options and find the best solution for you and your loved ones:
- Should you sell the family home?
- Will your Centrelink pension be affected?
- Will you be able to afford the bond or accommodation payments?
- Will your financial position improve or deteriorate?
- Will you outlive your savings?
- Will it impact your Estate Plan?
Moving yourself or a family member to an aged care facility can be a stressful and confusing time. We offer you the opportunity to speak with someone who is familiar with the Aged Care system. We can ease your worries, and help you navigate the rules and avoid costly pitfalls.
Our service will:
- Provide you with an explanation of your options so you can make an informed decision
- Evaluate accommodation providers to minimise initial and ongoing fees
- Help you maximise your government entitlements
- Ensure that you have the proper funds to pay for your care
- Facilitate your transition to the facility
- Facilitate family meetings
We are here to help you through this journey. We assess each person’s individual situation and help you understand the options available to make an informed decision. You can arrange an initial consultation by contacting us on 03 8317 0665.
This information is intended to provide general information only and has been prepared without taking into account any particular person’s objectives, financial situation or needs (‘personal circumstances’). Before acting on such information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your personal circumstances. In particular, you should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making any decision about a product.